- Tony D’Alessandro, Milton Transit
- Joshua Lorentz: Sr. Project Manager – Customer Success and Operations; RideCo
- Lindsay Blanchard – Transit Supervisor – City Of Guelph
- Marina Cajic, Service Design Planner, Transit Services -Town of Milton
- Kyle Rouhani, Blaise Transit
- Andy Dowling, Leamington Transit
- Gilbert Rahme, Via Transportation
- Drew Poeta, North Bay Transit
- Lynda Chau, VP of Marketing, Spare Labs
Once you know one on-demand deployment you know one on-demand deployment. Close out Day 1 of OTE with four instructive case studies that demonstrate how different communities have approached their service integration, ridership, coverage and customer service challenges through on-demand deployments.
Moderator: Tony D’Alessandro, Milton Transit
Case Studies – 3:30 – 4:30
- Spare Labs Case Study – Milton Transit
Lynda Chau, Spare Labs and Marina Cajic, Milton Transit
Case Study: Explore how Milton Transit revamped their underperforming fixed-routes by introducing an on demand transit service that commingles transit and specialized transit riders in the same vehicle to maximize fleet usage and vehicle efficiency.
- Blaise Transit Case Study – Leamington Transit
Kyle Rouhani, Blaise Transit and Andy Dowling, Leamington Transit
Case Study: As transit agencies across North America work to return to pre-pandemic ridership levels, Leamington, Ontario’s LTGO system is posting record ridership numbers. It has achieved this growth through a close relationship with technology provider Blaise Transit, which empowered LTGO to shift from a single fixed-route loop to an on-demand transit service area with two vehicles. How was this implemented, what challenges were overcome, and how did stakeholders address conflicts? Learn more at this case study presentation.
- RideCo Case Study – Guelph Transit
Joshua Lorentz, RideCo and Lindsay Blanchard, Guelph Transit
Case Study: Join us for a case study presentation to learn more about how Guelph Transit replaces legacy paratransit platform with RideCo, and operating an automated and more efficient door-to-door program with automated booking and scheduling that serves all of Guelph.
- Via Transportation Case Study – North Bay Transit
Gilbert Rahme, Via Transportation and Drew Poeta, North Bay Transit
Case Study: When city officials in North Bay were concerned about running empty fixed-route buses and long wait times for riders, they called upon Via to implement an on-demand service – one that has since become the most efficient in North America by utilization rate. With a unique multi-modal experience and anti-cannibalization features, in addition to its off the charts utilization rates, the North Bay service has become an example followed by organizations globally. Join us to learn more
Q&A – 4:30 – 5:00