Conference registration required for any committee meeting
Moderators: Co-Chairs Heidi Dempster, Brampton Transit and Greg Brady, York Region Transit
– A working lunch will be available at 12:45
– 1:00 – 2:00 The Latest Developments in Labour and Employment Law Affecting the Transit Industry – Michael Kennedy, Partner, Hicks Morley LLP. The session will address Drug & Alcohol policies, the Duty to Accommodate, Video Surveillance, Absenteeism, Harassment, Vaccination Policies and the Associated Ongoing Litigation.
– 2:00 – 2:30 – OPTA ZEB Committee Report: Leading Practices and Guidance: Current Deployment Lessons & Future Considerations in ZEB Scheduling, Planning, Operations and Training” – Tyler Harrison, Dinesh Sharma and Paul Netzband, Equicharge
– 2:30 – 3:00 – Claims Mitigation – How can transit agencies better prepare to defend against claims? Ross MacDonald, Senior Adjustor, Sedgwick
– 3:00 – 3:30 Round Table Topics