Transit systems across Canada have seen increasing levels of incidents that impact the safety and security of riders and staff. CUTA’s Safety and Security Taskforce assisted CUTA in developing a set of recommendations directed to transit systems and all levels of government, aimed at tacking these issues. CUTA will present their recommendations, followed by an open discussion.
Moderator: Vince Rodo, Director of Transit Operations, Brampton Transit
- Simon Minelli, Director of Research, Technical Services and Industry Programs, Canadian Urban Transit Association
- David Cooper, Principal, Leading Mobility Consulting
- Alexandra Kargutkar, Manager – Safety Health and Environment Policy and Strategy.
- Presentation by Canadian Urban Transit Association – Final Recommendations – Transit Safety Task Force
On March 31, 2023 the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) announced the acceleration of work by its Safety and Security Taskforce to address root causes of violence on transit and advocate for real-world solutions. CUTA will present the Task Force recommendations and prepare transit systems to advocate locally for supports.
- Round Table Topics – Open Forum