The Ministry of Transportation’s Transit Strategy and Programs Branch will provide an overview of their mandate and the municipal transit funding programs that they deliver, including the Gas Tax program, Community Transportation Grant Program, Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program and COVID-19 related support programs.
Tom Glover, S.V.P. – Sales & Marketing, MTB Transit Solutions
- Tom entered the bus business in 1981 beginning his career at Ontario Bus Industries. There he undertook sheet metal working, warehouse inventory control, shipping and receiving and managing key aspects of Aftermarket Parts. Joining MTB in 1988 and with a strong passion for the bus industry, Tom has been instrumental in the growth of MTB’s business, having managed every single project that has come through our shop for more than three decades. Since 2014 Tom takes care of Sales and Marketing division for the MTB Team.
Kevin Dowling, Director, Transit Strategy and Programs Branch, Transit Division, Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Leads teams responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing municipal transit programs.
- Over 20 years’ experience working on provincial funding and policies that impact municipal transit.
Natasha Hall, Team Lead
- Over ten years of experience in the Ontario Public Service.
- Currently working on the Public Transit stream of the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program with the Strategic Investments Office of the Transit Division.
Alex Lofthouse, Team Lead
- Leads the Ministry of Transportation’s Gas Tax program team.
- A career civil servant, Alex has worked for the Ontario Public Service for close to 19 years, including nearly 7 years with the Ministry of Transportation. He previously worked for the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, the Ministry of Government Services, Treasury Board Secretariat, and the Ministry of Health.
- Alex holds degrees from the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (Carleton University, Ottawa) and Glendon College (York University, Toronto).
Adam Meldrum, Team Lead
- Has worked in the OPS since 2007 in various Ministries, spending the majority of this time working on transit policy at the Ministry of Transportation.
- Adam led the team that developed and administered the public transit stream of Safe Restart Agreement funding for Ontario municipalities.
Kevin Lee, Team Lead
- Kevin is a team lead in the Ministry of Transportation leading policy development and program administration for the Community Transportation Grant Program. He has over nine years of experience in the public sector including previous experience overseeing Ontario’s major transit capital projects and its community and social services programs.
Krishani Patel, Senior Policy Advisor
- Works on the Ministry of Transportation’s Community Transportation Grant Program.
- Krishani has worked for the Ontario Public Service for almost 5 years, mainly with the Ministry of Transportation, but has also held policy roles with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health.
- Krishani holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto.