New Flyer Industries
Chad Sadowy is the living example of a successful rise-through-the-ranks, lifelong learning, second generation employee. His three-decade career in the bus and motorcoach field began at Motor Coach Industries Ltd. (“MCI”) on the production lines, before he advanced through roles including Quality Assurance, Product Support Specialist, Business Excellence Manager (obtaining his Six Sigma Black Belt), Technical Solutions Manager, and Vice President of Sales for Western Canada.
With his move to the position of Regional Sales Manager of Canada with New Flyer and MCI, Chad has continued to expand his skillset through the new mobility era, becoming an exceptionally astute product expert. Chad is also a highly active advocate and ally for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in transportation. In addition to serving transit agencies across Canada, Chad is actively involved in several organizations and committees including:
- The Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (“COMTO”) Toronto and Region Chapter, of which New Flyer is a founding member.
- The Canadian Urban Transit Association’s (“CUTA”) Youth and Emerging Leaders subcommittee, the Technical Services committee, and the Maintenance and Vehicle Technology subcommittee.
- National Resources Canada’s (“NRCAN”) Hydrogen Strategy for Canada Urban Transit Working Group.
- The Canadian Urban Transit Research & Innovation Consortium (“CUTRIC”) ZEB committee and conferences.
- OPTA Live, serving as Vice Chair on the OPTA Maintenance Committee representing the business members.
A true team player, Chad lends optimism and confidence to any challenge, but also exhibits the empathy and patience in listening and evolving his own perspective. He offers a unique combination of international expertise in advanced manufacturing processes, leadership capacity, in-depth product knowledge, and advocacy of workforce development and DEI.